When your house has been flooded with water, one of the biggest priorities will be getting the moisture and water out of the home. It sounds simple, but you may be surprised at the places that moisture can get into. Even if you clean up all the visible water, you may find more problems after your DIY water cleanup is done with. Be aware of the common issues that can happen to your house.
It is important to make sure that your basement remains as dry as possible, even if you never intend on remodeling it into a functional living space for your family. To help you do this, you will want to take a moment to review the following tips. Otherwise, simply allowing water to collect in your basement is a major cause for concern and will then need to be handled by a professional water restoration team.
When you encounter any kind of water damage, such as flooding from a hurricane or a pipe burst, it can create a serious calamity inside of your home. This can create a significant amount of damage to your property that can make living in your home hard to contend with. Because of this, you need to be sure that you follow some tips that will allow you to get rid of water damage to the best of your ability.
If you're a horse owner, you likely know all about the dangers of feeding moldy hay or feed and the terrible impact it can have on your animal's health. But did you know that housing your horse in a barn contaminated with mold can also have serious health effects?
Health Impact of Mold on Horses
Horses can develop diseases from being exposed to molds and mildews. One particularly harmful type of mold, called Stachybotrys or toxic black mold, impacted horses before humans knew of its issues.